Mom,
The bed bugs can only be killed in extreme heat or extreme cold. the Laundry Mats can get up to 130 degrees.
That is also awesome that you are going to school again! yay!
I will keep Nancy in my prayers. Next time I go to the temple (the 16th) I will put her in the prayer roll.
one thing you have to know. Sisters are better then the elders. Thats a fact. If they keep hanging out and being idiots (please use another term in the blog), then call the mission president. He will tell them how it is.
Dad, that is really sad about the lady wanting the priesthood. The adversary is really trying to destroy the church. But he can't, because God has more power then Satan.
thank you for the long letter. :)
Gavin, I DON'T SPEAK SPANISH!!!
This week has actually been really nice. Slow but nice.
We have been trying to meet with our investigators but they are all out of town. Super weird. We did manage to meet with one investigator this week. We just have to catch her at home, because she has a crazy schedule.
We are working with a BUNCH of less actives. this one Sister Jurgens, hasn't come to church for 30 years, many missionaries over the past few months have been working with her, and yesterday she finally came to church! She was incredibly nervous, but she looked so happy.
We are also working with a guy named Todd Betz. He is the most stubborn person on the face of the earth. He hasn't come to church in 15 years, and we try to teach him, but he won't open up to us, which is super hard. If they open up, then you know exactly what to teach. But its really a hit and miss. He will give us answers like: I don't know; maybe. Ugh! He did open up a teeny tiny bit last time because he said to us "I don't think I have a testimony." Great! I know where to start (I think).
I have been also thinking a lot on what has happened over the past year, since it is my year mark.
We were in church yesterday and this lady got up and gave a lesson on the Parable of the talents. The 2 people that recieved their talents, went out and gained more talents. But the person that burried his talents in the earth, said to the master "I was afraid and burried them." the master said to him, "I gave you these talents so you could use them for a good cause."
Many times we tend to bury our talents because we are afraid, and are comfortable where we are at. But the people that gained the talents, grew. they went outside of their comfort zone and learned more.
we are to go outside of our comfort zones when the Lord wants us. We can't stay inside of our comfort zones because we can't grow.
That is what I have learned over the past year. I have gone outside of my comfort zone, and have learned so much, compared to if I haven't gone on my mission at all. In my last zone, there was a saying that they said: "there is no growth in the comfort zone."
The Lord knows what he is doing.
I love you all!!!
Sister Rook
Free weeds: we were passing this house when we saw this.
President and sister Toombs last time seeing us. President Mendenhall is here
double rainbow after it rained. kind of blury. sorry
No comments:
Post a Comment