Hello!
Mom, the new mission president and his wife are awesome. He was doing a little tour of the mission with each zone in the mission. That guy is hilarious! His wife is also a beast. she runs marathons and triathlons, and was a OB/GYN. She has worked that job for I think 30 years.
yes, I have decided about christmas. My end date is January 5th, and I am going to stick it out until then. So I am coming home after christmas (Its only 11 days). :)
That is so awesome that you lost 8 pounds. its so awesome.
I am also going to use my savings account today, because I need a new GPS. It kind of bit the big one. or as you call it, Gave Up The Ghost. We have no map of the ward, so its a little hard trying to find places when you cover 6 cities. :(
I saw the pictures. Poor kid. you know your neighbors now? Good! go talk to them! with the atonement, everything will be okay. Then send the missionaries over, they will get baptised. Do you like my plan?
Dad, wow. a lot of people are moving away. The dales are working with Troy?
hmmmmm.
Gavin, EEWWWW. I hope you washed your clothes good. they are sneaky little buggers.
This week was a good week.
We were not able to meet with any of our new investigators this week because of the 4th of July. (darn holidays). But we did meet with a few of our less actives. there was this one lady that is coming back into activity, and her husband is not a member. But the husband is coming to church and he is reading the Book of mormon! We haven't met with him yet, but we are meeting with him this saturday. so excited!
Also the 4th was pretty awesome. We had 2 dinners which really wasn't that awesome. haha. we went to this one lady's house and we didn't know she was going to feed us. So she took us to panda express. A half hour later, we had another dinner at a members home and they fed us bbq. Holy smokes. Me and my comp were both dying afterwards. when we got home, our member sister Tandberg took us in our car to see the fireworks. It was still in our neighborhood, and we were parked on a hill where we could see several different firework shows at once. It was awesome.
We also are still working with Brother Betz, the less active who won't open up to us. I was also thinking that maybe boldness isn't helping. Other missionaries for months have been bold with him, and he hasn't been moving forward. So I decided that we should start over with him, and have him read the book of mormon from front to back, then he will gain a testimony of everything else. We had the lesson with him on thursday, and we didn't chastize him about not coming to church. We just talked to him like a friend and he opened up a teeny tiny bit. It was so awesome seeing someone do that! Now we have headway, and are starting to see something grow. I love this gospel, and I love working with less actives and seeing the light of christ in them and to see them remember something that they once lost. It is an amazing thing.
I love you all!
No comments:
Post a Comment