Monday, July 28, 2014

July 28, 2014



This week was a pretty good week.
 
Mom, that is so awesme about your grade! don't worry about the exams :)
Don't worry about the packages. totally fine. I have to start sending stuff home anyways.
that is very sad about the boy. Only 20 years old, and has bone cancer. This is the PERFECT opportunity to do missionary work! Just talk to the mom about how families can be together forever through heavenly fathers plan.
I know that that boy will have the opportunity to be with his heavenly father again. Yes its sad, but we have something to rejoice for.
about the going home early. I know you are going through school. I don't think that the mission president will send someone home a couple of days early. I think tht only happens when you are going home for school. and they won't send people home the week of christmas or new years because of how busy the airlines can be. Don't worry mom. things will all work out in the end.
 
Dad, thanks for sending the pictures! its super awesome about catching all those fish! yummy!
that is so sad about some families! Satan will do everything that he can to attack the most important thing on the earth. FAMILIES. Families are one of the most important things in the gospel.
 
This week was really interesting.
we taught our investigator Rachel, and she is so awesome! She was so receptive, and we told her about Joseph Smith, and she said that it makes perfect sense that he saw God. She is totally willing to read and to pray and to come to church next sunday! she is amazing she is sooooooo golden!
 
We are also working with Brother Betz still, and we have learned that he can't be pushed. He will come on his own time, and he is also started opening up a little bit more. he is interacting in the lessons now and he is willing to come to church now. the missionaries before I got here, were pushing and pushing. But a lot of people don't need to be pushed. Maybe nudged, but not pushed. I have a firm belief in teaching people not lessons. We are to teach for understanding, and to help them in their own way. not our way.
 
Another awesome thing that we are starting is we are getting the members more involved in missionary work.

The challenge is "Youth VS. Missionaries". through the month of september, the youth and the full-tme/ward missionaries will bring as many people to church as we can. Whoever brings the most people, wins. And whoever wins the challenge, the losers will have to make breakfast for the winners. We brought it forward with the bishop, he said to go for it, and then we met with all the youth leaders and the youth presidencies, and they were soooo excited about this challenge. We will present it on 5th sunday. We are still working out the rules and the challenge, but I am so excited about it :)
 
I love you all!!
 
Sister Rook
 
the weather here is amazing!  and me and my comp at the temple

No comments:

Post a Comment