Monday, June 23, 2014

June 23, 2014



Hello Everyone!
Mom, Sister Sprague is good. I mean that a lot of missionaries (sisters more then elders) break down a lot because they have gone through a lot of trials, and they think they can't do it anymore and they have many breakdowns. She is going home in September and so she is pretty much done. She's awesome though. I love that girl.
I know its been a year. Super crazy!
It has been super hot, with a lot of rain. And I have been hearing about tornados in other parts of Colorado. Bring me to them!
I love going to the temple! it is the best!
Keep going with school if you feel prompted to do so. The Lord has a better plan in store for you :)
By the way. Thank you for the pictures! They are awesome! :)
Dad, Tthats so crazy that he died! I guess the Lord really needed him. Thats also crazy about the Hargraves. Texas???
Gavin, what happened to the Former you found outside? you left us with a cliffhanger
Sooooo, this week has been the craziest week of my mission. Not in a good way.
So tusday night, I got a call from my last companion at 11 pm (she is still in Aurora) asking me that "do you remember the less active lady that we stopped seeing because of the bugs in her house?" I said yes and she proceedes to tell me that there were the same bugs in the house and it turns out they are bed bugs. She tells me that I might of brought some with me to brighton! So I quickly check my bed, and sure enough, I find a bed bug crawling under my sheets. Yup. I have bed bugs. We were running around like chickens with our heads cut off doing all we can to get rid of them. We washed all of our clothes at a laundromat. We spent almost 3 hours and 40 dollars there (mom if you see money missing from my account, that is why) washing EVERY single item of clothing we had. The members got rid of the bed just in case. There was an exterminator that came, and he said he couldn't find any sign of bed bugs. Really weird. So we got up everymorning at 4, with flashlights, checking the room. NOthing! We also had our suitcases out in the sun in black bags. And I think it is safe to say that our suitcases are fine now. haha. But I do feel really bad because my last house (when I came from Aurora to here) has many of them. I am going to try and contact them and see if they are okay.
So that has been the very big part of my week. Not really any miracles. But I know the Lord will take care of me and the other people that has them. Lesson learned: don't go into a house with bugs!
Also sister Sprague got transferred because there are some sisters going home for school so President had to switch some people around
Love you all!!
Sister Rook
Picture: from left to right. Me, Sister Bertagnole, and sister Sprague

No comments:

Post a Comment