Monday, April 28, 2014

April 28,2014

Hey everyone!!!
Mom, I get to Skype for mothers day!!! I am so excited about that!
I didn't get my shoes fixed yet. I was actually hoping to get my shoes fixed today since I talked to you about it last week. I know you are busy. No worries
Work DOES sound quite interesting. haha. funny.
Dad, you got your book done? that's awesome!!! keep it up!
This week has been a little slow in finding investigators.
We went tracting in the rain the other day hoping someone will show pitty and let us in, but no luck. All we got were responses from people saying "no thanks. stay warm though." Gee thanks. oh well. It was fun while it lasted :)
We are teaching Andrew (Taree's Brother), and we taught him the 2nd lesson, and he really felt the spirit in there. He also asked us a lot of questions which is the best. He didn't come to church this week though. Of which I am sad about. Taree is a little worried because he didn't answer the phone about church. And she is worried that he's not ready to give up the law of Chastity or the Word of Wisdom. haha. We just barely finished the 2nd lesson. She's awesome.
So we had an interesting day on Saturday. In the middle of the week, we found an investigator! We didn't long because we had an appointment soon, and she proceeded to tell us that she is going through a trial and can't do it without God. So we came back for a follow-up appointment on Saturday and she opened the door in a Bikini AND high heels....... Alrighty. So we proceeded to tell her the first lesson (very awkward). And when we tried to bring the spirit in when teaching her, she just bursts out laughing for no reason. And even laughs about my name. So we faked an appointment, and we just left. I was a little disappointed, but hey. Whatevs. There are more people more sane then her.
That's pretty much it for the week. Other then trying to reactivate less actives which is going awesome!!
Love you all!! Can't wait to Skype!
Sister Rook
we volunteer at The Ronald McDonald House.  I hate this clown
Sunsets here are really pretty

No comments:

Post a Comment