Mom and Dad, I am so sorry to hear about the loss of a job. Watch the video on Mormon messages The Will of God
Love that video!
Mom, don't worry about packages. I have a ton of candy left over from Christmas and valentines day from you and the members. haha :)
Garrett, where art thou?
This week has been awesome! (and kind of weird)
So we were teaching this 22 year old girl named Taree and she is so interested! When we went back to teach the first lesson, she said she went on Mormon.org, and watched the Restoration video! wow, we don't have to do that part of the lesson! She is amazing! and we asked her if it were possible that there was a prophet today, and she said "of course, the world in this day needs a prophet." She's golden! we are visiting her again on Thursday :)
We are also progressing with Radwa our Muslim investigator, and our whole lesson was just on prayer. I found out that they say the same prayer 17 times at certain times of the day. So she asked questions like "what time do we pray? what do we say?" We just reassured her that you can say anything at any time of the day. So at the end of the lesson, she said a prayer!!!! it was so amazing! the first thing that she prayed for was for her son. Its amazing what we have taken granted for especially prayers. To us they seem simple, but to other people they have a harder concept of it. I am so thankful that I am able to talk to my heavenly father at any time of the day.
We also picked a former investigator back up. Her name is Mere and she is from Botswana, Africa. We met with her and the reason why she was dropped was because elders tried to teach her, but they couldn't go in because her husband was not home a lot of the times. So we are teaching her again!
So her is the weird part of the week. I should start with the beginning a couple of weeks ago. We met this guy named Kahilil on a parking lot of apartments and he said he is looking for a religion, also an American woman to marry. good thing we have elders in the ward! So this past week, we went back to those apartments to go see potentials. Well, come to find out we were sitting in the car and we spotted Kahilil. and he spotted us. (oh just wait. its great) We ended up talking to him with our windows rolled down and after a couple of minutes he proposed to Sister Johnson. Yes. he seriously asked my comp if he could marry her. He also got down on one knee as he did so. After she said no about a thousand times he turns to me and asks me the same question! I of course said no. He was disappointed and he left. Sister Johnson said I am a real missionary now. I guess this is the 3rd time she has been proposed to on the mission. hahahahah! Oh the life of a missionary.
I love you all so much!! I know the Lord has something better in store for you
Sister Rook
No comments:
Post a Comment