Monday, March 17, 2014

March 17, 2014

Hey everyone!
 
Mom, I'm sure everything will be okay at work. Just rely on the Lord and everything will be alright.
I loooooooooove chicken run! that movie is the best! The line that I remember other then that one is "Eggs from heaven! No! from her bum!" haha. (omit that quote out of the blog please)
But just keep going strong and the Lord will help you. If dad gets a job in Seattle that is where he needs to be.
Dad, Keep on Keepin' on. Love you!!
Garrett!! Sooooooooo excited for your day next week!! AAAAGH!!!!!!!! anyways.....
 
We have been teaching our 11 year old Investigator J.J and he has been doing AWESOME. But he wanted to push his baptism date for the 12 of next month because they have a friend coming into town and they want to be there for that. But we were teaching him the commandments and at the end of the lesson, we quizzed him of what we learned about the commandments. We asked him of who brought forth the commandments, and he hinted of who it was (had a beard) and he responded "Chuck Norris?" hahahahaha!!! that was hilarious. Chuck Norris was so cool, he brought forth the ten commandments.
We are also teaching Taree who is our pure golden investigator. We talked to her about church when she stayed for 3 hours, and she said she loved it. She said "I am planning on going next week... and forever." well why can't all investigators be this golden???? We also taught the 3rd lesson to her and she loved that lesson and went to the RS dinner as well. :)
We are also teaching a daughter of a less active woman and we have been teaching her for almost 2 months now and hasn't progressed. So we had a very bold lesson with her on Thursday, and we told her that she has to keep her commitments and go to church or we won't teach her, and we won't just baptize somebody that is going to go Less Active in a couple of years. Her mom was there and we asked to talk to her alone, and told her that we were also talking to her as well. And her mom said its not fun for someone to tell me that, but I know it will get me going. So we will see...
Also last Monday, we had a huge taco party (yes dad, tacos) with the zone. And some member from another ward provided the tacos. It was a taco eating contest of who could eat the most tacos. I tried my best but I ate like 10 tacos. I'm not proud. haha. I was sooooo sick that day. But this one elder ate 19 tacos and a sister beat all the elders by eating 23 tacos. She's tiny too! not fair. But it was an awesome zone P-day. haha.
So transfers happened! My comp sister Johnson left to go to Brighton, and my new comp sister Hoeman has only been out for 3 months. I am senior and I am FINALLY driving! yay! No pictures with her yet, but there will be next week!
 
I love you all so much!!! talk to you next week!
 
Sister Rook
 
P.S. picture 1 is elder Mcgrath keeping tally at the taco party, picture 2 is just me eating a taco, and picture 3 is last day of transfers. I apparently didn't get the memo. Those elders (Mcgrath and Rupper) are in the ward


No comments:

Post a Comment