Monday, January 27, 2014

January 27, 2014

Hello!!

First off I just want to say my condolences to Liz and the family. And that Margarat is in a way better place then this horrible world. She is no longer suffering through her pain and has gone to live with her Heavenly Father.

Mom, I seriously don't want anything to happen to Lucy. She is an amazing dog. I love her and I know I am on a mission, but I will come home sooner or later. I'm not dead  haha.
ok, sorry about the picture. the shirt is in the wash today, and I will definitely get the picture sent into you next week. But it won't be till Tuesday because transfers are Monday.
Dad, yup Dee will definitely grow up on his mission. he has lots to learn and it will be an eye opener.
Garrett! I know you are super antsy to get this wedding done and over with. Just Keep Swimming!!! I love you so much!!!

Well, its been a slow week.
Since transfers are next week, and president told sis. Rodriguez she will be leaving the area, and I will be taking over for her, we have been super stressed. My comp has been in this ward since May and she is so depressed that she is leaving. The ward was her home and there is this joke about her moving her records in the ward since she has been here for so long. haha. But she is just preparing herself for the next transfer :(
So couple of funny stories:
There is this one couple that had gotten baptized over the summer, and this woman has picked up smoking again. She has been smoking for 30 years and has to quit cold turkey, and is having a rough time trying to quit. So sister Rodriguez the awesome missionary that she is, demanded that she give her the cigarettes. it ended up with my comp chasing this poor lady and pretty much tackled her and ripping the cigarettes from her hand (don't worry. they were both laughing). But she knows that she can't smoke anymore. She's getting better, but is still smoking. ugh!
The other funny story is, we were tracting one day, and this guy opened the door and I introduced myself but before I could finish the sentence of "we are from the church of Jesus Christ of Latter day saints", he all of a sudden said "I don't have time for you babe." and slammed the door. Aaaalrighty then. The joys of being a missionary.

That is it for the week!

Love you all!

Sister Rook

P.S. Hug Liz for me   

No comments:

Post a Comment