Monday, January 6, 2014

January 6, 2014

This week has seriously been one of the slowest weeks on my mission (the week in the hospital takes the lead)
 
Mom, I'm so glad that you are excited for the new job. I don't know why, but 3 hour meetings, I love. Maybe becuse its missionary meetings. I don't know. haha.
That is so scary about Nancy Clark. This has not been her year. She is seriously in my prayers.
I sent grandma a thank you letter last week, so it should arrive this week :)
Dad, your adventure was quite hilarious. But seriously, that sounds really interesting. But I'm glad your home. :)
Garrett, just endure!!! your almost married!!! :D
Gavin, you always manage to find the golden ones. haha
 
So This week basically sucked!
So sister Rodriguez and I were both really sick with the cold. At the beginning of the week, we still went out, and we realized we can't get better with us running around all the time. Sooooo, we stayed home. So after drinking lots of Emergen-C, taking vitamins, a blessing, playing 2 rounds of checkers and 3 rounds of Monopoly (of which sister Rodriguez won ALL 3 rounds. she's REALLY good at it), we are finally getting better. with still a lot of coughing. I think the Lord has found a horrible way to help us become unified. haha
But with the slow week, we didn't cancel our dinners. There is this one family who the father is a nonmember. He has been coming to church for 7 years straight, and meeting on and off with the missionaries. His wife is the relief society president!
So we visited him a week before christmas and we said make a decision or we can't help you. So that dinner we were going to meet with him that night, and he said "I don't think there is a point to meet tonight." we said "Why?" and he said "because I already told my wife I was getting baptised". Holy crap!!! Our investigator that has been going to church for 7 years is finally going to get baptised on the 18th of January!!!
He is very famous too. All the missionaries are inviting other people and his wife is inviting people from other wards. His wife also announced it in Relief Society and half the room was clapping. haha.
I am so thankful to be able to be a part of this amazing opportunity that the Lord has put in front of me.
 
I love you all!!
 
SIster Rook



No comments:

Post a Comment