Monday, November 25, 2013

November 25, 2013

Hello!!!
So let me say I am jumping up and down for Garrett right now. I am sooooooooo happy!!
Garrett, thank you for the amazing letter. Love you so much!!!
Mom, yes! it will be 5 months tomorrow hat I have entered the MTC. It goes by so fast. Don't send my package too late, because transfers are on the 16th. A week before transfers the office withholds mail becuase in case someone moves it won't go to the wrong address.
Dad, yes. 3 members invited us over for thanksgiving. One member is a less active family, so they loooove to cook. I think they are roasting the turkey.
Gavin! that is so exciting that you are baptising someone! I am super excited for you!
So this week has been awesome! I couple of miracles happened this week.
WE SET THE WETHOR'S ON DATE! I am suuuuuper excited! So here's the story:
So we have already taught them lessons 1-3. and we went in there wanting to reteach them the 1st lesson. So after we taught it, we challenged them and they said they would think about it. Sister Hunt who is super mega awesome, wouldn't let that happen. So we explained what baptism was, and challenged them 2 more times (individually), and Jen, the mom, sighs and says "I'm ready". AAAGH! we got in the car and pretty much had a mini celebration. But one of the kids said he would pray about it which is AWESOME. We are visiting them tonight, and the are on date for the 8th of December!!
Another miracle happened: We were out trying to visit a less active, who didn't answer and we felt prompted to knock on a door across her apartment room. So we knocked on the door and this woman opened the door. We started talking about families and how the are the most important thing on earth. She tells her story which is very sad and agrees to meet with us again!!! She is so ready to hear the gospel. We are meeting with her again on Thursday.
So a couple of weeks ago, I have finished reading the entire book of Mormon for the first time in my life. with that I have really gained an understanding of Jesus Christ. I know that through Jesus Christ, we can do anything. Everything happens for a reason, not just by coincidence.
I love you all, and have a happy thanksgiving!!!
Sister Rook



Here is a picture of our zone christmas tree from White Christmas. The ornaments are for new investigators and the presents are for investigators with a baptismal date

No comments:

Post a Comment