Monday, November 18, 2013

November 18, 2013


Well, hello!
Mom, thats so awesome about the blood clots! I am so happy that you don't have them anymore!!
that is super scary about the sisters in the philipines. But the Lord has a way of protecting the missionaries in one way or another.
Dad, the weather here is super nice. It is so warm that you don't even need a coat at times. It hasen't really snowed yet of which I am super happy for.
I knew you would love the card. I thought it was hilarious
I heard Capones was a really good place. I think the guy from Diners Drive ins and dives stopped by CDA and went there.
So this week has been a good week, other then me getting a cold.
But nothing much has really happened this week.
Sister Hunt is 90 percent better and we are going out and teaching. She is so excited that we can go out again. But she has to refrain from eating Gluten or Dairy because that makes her crohns 10 times worse. So we had to put on the dinner calender no gluten or dairy. She is now getting teased by the members about why she didn't tell anybody in the first place. haha. Its quite funny
Yesterday was stake conference and we had our little investigator show up. Joyce is so awesome. We taught her a little bit more about baptism. she is afraid of the water, and asked us if anybody has died getting baptised. Poor lady. But we are going to have to have two people in the water with her.
So the Wethors are doing awesome. Satan is doing all he can to get them to not go to church. They are still wanting to learn more which is good, and we are seeing them tonight and challenging them for baptism again. PLEASE pray for us!!
So last night we were teaching less actives the first lesson. I was trying to recite the first vision, but my voice was slowy going away because of my cold. ugh. I guess Joseph Smith had a raspy voice. But they were super nice about it and gave me cold medicine afterwords :) which was a blessing.
So a really cool thing is happening in the zone. It is called White Christmas. Each time somebody finds a new investigator, we get an ornament on a tree. We also have to baptise them in december which makes it a "White Christmas". it is the coolest idea. But sister Hunt and I are having a rough time finding. So our district is doing a blitz (where the whole district tract in your area) to help us find faster. I love our misisonaries.
This week, we also have the temple!! I am super excited!! :D
That is pretty much it for this week!!
Love you all!
Sister Rook

No comments:

Post a Comment