Monday, October 7, 2013

October 7, 2013


Hey everyone!!!
 
Garrett, Holy Crap! I loooove the temple picture! you seriously look like you two are engaged! I showed Sister Hunt, and she's like "There engaged?????" I had to explain to her that it was an awesome picture but not an engagement picture. haha.
that is so awesome that you are changing your degree! I am all for it. but what about music?
 
Mom, So sad to say but the pictures wouldn't go through for me. The only picture I saw was the picture of the temple.

By the way. I wrote to hayley like 3 weeks ago and she never responded. whats up with that??? please force her into emailing me. I know we all have her agency, but come on.
I have not yet bought a coat yet. I am doing that today. :)
 
Dad, Congrats on catching the fish! I am sure it is going to be delicious!
by the way. Send the leftovers with the missionaries to take home. it REALLY helps out a lot with their groceries. 
 
By the way. Please clarify who you are talking to when you send me letters. I don't know if you are talking to me or gavin, Because I saw "my boy" and I'm like wait. what? Just a suggestion :)
 
Sooo, this week has been CRAZY busy! We haven't really been doing a lot of teaching becuase it took us a week to get everything together into our new house.
So we have been teaching a less active named hayley every night. We have been reading the Book of Mormon with her and she has been progressing so much! She has become more bright, and focused on the gospel. We have committed her to read the whole book of mormon and take the discussions.
But I have to say, conference was AMAZING!!!!! Love all the talks. But I love the quote (I can't remember who said this because I left my notes at home), "Doubt your doubt before your doubt your faith". As a missionary, satan is everywhere and a lot of doubt creeps into your mind with thoughts of "I'm not good enough." or "I'm a horrible teacher" those thoughts are from satan, and we need to think that we are representitives of the Lord Jesus Christ, and we can do anything with the Lord on our side. I choose a scripture that applys to me every transfer, and one of the scriptures that I have chosen that can also go along with this quote is "And Christ hath said: If ye will have faith in me ye shall have power to do whatsoever thing is expediant in me" Moroni7:33. I love that scripture becuase it is saying that you can do anything when you have faith in the Lord.
 
So, I am sooooooooooo sorry it is such a short letter this week. Promise it will be longer next week.
 
Love you all!!
 
Sister Rook

No comments:

Post a Comment