Monday, October 21, 2013

October 21,2013


Hello!!!
I am so happy to hear that you are all doing well!
Dad, the ward here is amazing! We have a big ward, and there are some people who are really wanting to be a missionary themselves! its so exciting!
Mom, so why are you going to work at gardien angel? I thought you both hated that place. I am glad that you have fun at subbing. It is so amazing how many people are going on there missions! The work is hastening. Also, go to mormonchannel.org and watch the bible videos. They are AMAZING! just thought you might like them :)
Garrett, I agree with gavin about your letter. Whats up? why haven't you written us?
Gavin, I am so glad you had a great trainer. Its exciting that he left for home. It makes you want to work harder and harder. My comp sister Hunt is going home in February, and it just makes me want to work even harder. But it also makes you excited for where you are being transfered too. I love transfer doctrine (transfer meeting)


So this week has been super awesome!
We are teaching an 86 year old woman, and we showed her the restoration video, and we have set her on date for the 10th of November! We are super excited and Joyce is hilarious! She is super shy, because she really doesn't want anyone at her baptism. haha. We are working with the ward to meet her.
We have visited a less active, and his family are not members. So we have been teaching them, and we asked the wife if she has prayed about it if it is true or not. She said to us "well, I didn't think I had to because I thought it was a given that it was true." fantastic! We haven't set them on date yet. We visited last night because they weren't in church. So we stopped by and Bro. Wethor (pronounced waiter) told us that his wife's dad was going to die very soon, and it is just chaos for them. Jen is very depressed at the moment. We are visiting them again on thursday. So please keep them in your prayers!!
We have also been getting to know a less active family who left the church because of the people. They were living in Utah and just had a lot of bad experiences with the people because they had been judged so many times because of what they wear or what they do. It is so sad that people are so judgemental toward each other. breaks my heart.
well, that is pretty much it for the week!
Love you all!!
Sister Rook

No comments:

Post a Comment