Hello!!!
First off, Mom and Dad: HOLY COW! the new calling is amazing!! I am so happy for you that I can barely stand it! Thats so amazing! have you already started? if so, how is it? if not, when??
Garrett, you are so amazing! with all this talk of Hayley, I'm suprised you aren't married by now. hehe.
mom, I am getting a GPS today, thanks for putting the money into my account. :)
Dad, thanks for the letter! I would love to recieve a care package soon :)
Mom, thank you for forwarding Gavin's family email. really appreciate it :). By the way, which picture did you put on facebook? just wondering :)
So this week has been incredibly interesting. I had a cold at the begining of the week, and then my companion caught it. But we recovered fairly quickly. But 2 really awesome experiences happened this week.
1) The family that was investigating after their daughter was baptised is now on date for baptism!!!! I am so happy!! It is a family of four. The 2 younger girls are 11 and 7. They are waiting for the 7 year old to turn 8 so the whole family will be baptised together, which is in october. It was so amazing! Sister Hunt gave me the opportunity to challenge them for baptism since I have never done it before. The spirit was so strong!!! They are all excited!
2) this experience I am still reflecting on what happened, and it was on Saturday:
Sister Hunt and I, were visiting one of the less actives we had in an apartment building. She wasn't home, so we walked out feeling a little disappointed. But all of a sudden, I had a feeling that somebody needed out help. I told sister hunt this, and I didn't really know what to do, so I walked toward the car. My comp stopped me, and she said to follow what you feel. So we sat down on the curb (on the side of the parking lot), and I was feeling super overwhelmed becuase there were 7 other apartment buildings nearby, so sister hunt suggested that we say a prayer. So we did, and she got this feeling that it was a certain apartment building, and I got that same feeling. So we proceed to the building, and I look at the appartment numbers on the side of the building, and I choose one that sticks out to me. So we walk all the way to the 3rd floor and knock on the persons door, and she answers! I was too astonished to speak! So my companion offers the prayer aproach, and she declines and says she had a bad day, but is willing to take a pamphlet or a card. So we give her our card and a restoration DVD that just HAPPENED to be in my scriptures. After we left, I have no idea what just happened. We are visiting her tonight (hopefully).
The Holy Ghost is the most amazing gift that God has given us. It warns us of danger, and prompts us where we need to go. I have a firm testimony of the Holy Ghost. He is our aid in time of need and our comforter. Please when you have a prompting, follow it, because its not just there for no reason.
I love you all!!!
Sister Rook
No comments:
Post a Comment