Monday, September 16, 2013

Hello Everyone!!!
So just to clarify, everything is just fine with the flooding. I live in the Westminster area and there have been no flooding. Well.... There was a road yesterday that flooded over, and the road was blocked off (sorry no picture of that). They cancelled the last two hours of church because of it. But everything was totally fine! everyone was just freaked out. But just pray for those people who ARE effected by the flooding.
Mom, that is so awesome that gavin is working through facebook! Our mission hasn't let us do that yet, but someday! By the way, I thought you weren't going to see ANY movies till I got home? haha. just kidding. I did get my GPS  and I love it! It is a garmin, and I paid about 100 on it. I do need you to do me another favor. Could you transfer another 100 dollars into my account? I need to start looking for a coat, so I will get that next week.
Dad, I did like that joke. haha. that is so awesome about the addiction recovery. It is really sad, but it is nice to know that people are there to work through your trials. I have learned that you can never go through a trail or struggle alone.
Gavin, just send your family email to me, that way mom doesn't have to forward them :)
So this week has been really busy. Not much happening about the investigators, but we did have  HUGE all day meeting on wednesday with pretty much half the mission. Elder Corbridge of the 70 came and spoke! (first picture) it was a really cool experience! He had a 3 hour talk about changing oneself to become a better missionary. The last hour of his talk he said that some of you might not get what I am about to talk about..... I was one of those people. haha. But oh well. it was an awesome experiance 
There was this one night, where this member called us and said that we have about 10 blizzards to give away from dairy queen, because I believe they work there. So we rushed over there, and come to find out, he gave us 32 blizzards. I kept one, but we gave them away at zone conference where it was an elder's one year mark.
The family that is getting baptised in october are really progressing. The date is still set, and the mom is reading the book of mormon! I am so excited!
well, thats pretty much it for the week!
Love you guys!!!
Sister Rook






No comments:

Post a Comment