Saturday, July 6, 2013

July 6, 2013 MTC Letter Part 1 and Part 2

Hi Everyone!!!
First off I wanted so say Happy birthday Garrett!!!! 22! yay!
Gavin, I am glad everything is working out for you and work. don't worry about paying for a bike. if you do what you are supposed to be doing, then everything will work out in the end. its like what we say in the MTC: obedience brings blessings. Exact obedience brings miracles. (excuse my spelling) also gavin. I have homework for you. please read your scriptures, try and finish it before you report. it will help a lot. also watch the district and study preach my gospel. also you can have the elders in the singles ward teach you a few things before you enter the MTC. like how important role playing is. I don't like it that much, but it has really helped me into knowing what to say to somebody when they are having troubles. practice it with the elders :)
Mom. that is hilarious about the dog. I'm sure she almost had a heart attack. I really hope kim is Okay. she is in my prayers. I will also try and call from the airport. I really don't know if its before we take off, or after we land. but just in case, keep your phone on all the same. our plane takes off at 8:30. also I want to tell you something about us missionaries: we have the spirit with us constantly, so we are always listening to the promptings of the spirit. that girl on the bike was probably not paying attention and ignoring what the spirit was telling her. about 1 in a million missionaries die from a car accident. so don't worry about me at all. :)
so this week has been the most amazing week on the face of this earth. it went by in a blink. I really don't know where to start.
so last Saturday, we were having a lesson and it was just scripture reading. this particular type of teaching is where the teacher decides to have us read scriptures, and we talk about it to see what we got out of them. so I was sitting there listening when all of a sudden, I had a revelation on what to teach to our progressive investigator. it was the first revelation I have ever had, and it was amazing. from then on, we were very successfull with him. :)


Hold on while I do part 2 of this letter :)

Sorry. the computer is limited to 30 minutes and we are given permission to do 60.
anyway, since we are in the Wyview area (west campus), we have class in the church building where we share it with the students of BYU. so we were in Zone teaching which is my favorite class ever, and Bro. Marht decided to have us sing Army of Helamen around the YSA students who were having FHE. the spirit was so strong, and everyone had chills. it was a really cool experiance.
so the other day, we had to teach our other investigator, and before we started, everyone delegated me to start the lesson, and before then, I said a prayer. So I started it, and everyone else felt the spirit to start talking to her about how god loves her. at the end, she said to me that I need to talk more. people are waiting to hear from me, and that I have a gift. wow. that is exactly what my setting apart blessing said. I also heard it twice more that day, and once more the next day. gee. I think the lord is trying to tell me something, but I'm not sure. haha
Another cool experience is where you help somebody else recieve a revelation. in class I teamed up with Brother Morriss, who is an awesome teacher wanted to team up with me. I was prompted to have him read a scripture, and he had recieved the revelation about how to become a better teacher. I don't know how, but its really cool. I ended up doing the same thing with another teacher who needed help on how to talk to his brother who is innactive. the best part is, you really don't do anyting. :)
For the 4th, we had our usual classes, but for the usual zone teaching that we do, we watched 17 miracles. after,  we were given permission to watch the fireworks on the front lawn, which is still inside the perimeter of the apartments. we also heard the booming music of Kelly Clarkson's concert from a distance. it was a pretty cool night.
yesterday, we did in-feild orientation at the main building and it got me pumped! I am also very very glad that I am not staying at the main building because it is way crowded too big. I am used to having classes in the little apartment rooms :)
yesterday, we also had a ginormous lightning storm. it was so amazing!!!
well, I got to go. we are exploring the main building today, so we got to catch the bus to get up there. the cafeteria is huge!!! holy cow!
love you all!!!
Sister Rook :)
This young lady that is with Paige is Michaela Hilton.  Paige met her online before she reported to the MTC

No comments:

Post a Comment