Monday, July 22, 2013

July 22, 2013

Hello!!
Thank you all for your letters!! Mom, I haven't really been spending on my card. the only thing I have spent is when I had to pay that 60 dollars for the luggage fees when I came. I totally thought the church gave me a refund. I will have to ask them again.

Gavin, keep it up with everything! I hope your shoes are fitting better! thats not good. but I'm sure you will get used to them.

Garrett, did you actually go running this morning?? haha! just kidding! I know you went running ;) thanks for the support by the way :)
I really don't know what you should send me in my package just yet. Sister Kim is a ubber healthy eater.
we have a super small ward, of about a little over 100. we just have a BUNCH of inactives. we do have 3 investigators. One is good with her church but she thinks we are angels sent to her to send her peace. I don't know.
the other is a family. the wife is an alcoholic. but the husband wants to do all that he can to help her, and doesn't want anything bad to happen to his kids. so sad!
the last, is just pretty much an investigator who wants to know more about the church. she kind of has a bad taste in her mouth from the church because she lived in Utah. not surprised

So funny story, that I totally forgot to tell you. a couple of weeks ago, I was on exchanges with sister Hunt (Who is an amazing person by the way), and we were going through the area book to see where we needed to go. so we stopped by this house, and this lady came to the door yelled at us and said "go away! there are serial killers out there! go away before we call the cops!" yes, thats sad, that they won't associate with anybody, but the funny thing is, they had a sign on the door that said no perverts or psychopaths. yup. because any pervert or psychopath is going to read that and say: "darn it, can't go to this house. they know we're coming." haha!!! anyway, funny story
This week has gotten a little better with Sister Kim. we are trying to build a friendship, but can't because we have ABSOLUTELY nothing in common. she did take me to a Korean restaurant which was REALLY cool. so we really don't talk in the car. But I have realized why I have been placed with her. She is very outgoing, and is trying really hard to get me to talk in lessons. It drives her crazy that I am quiet all the time. She is trying to get me to open my mouth and speak. This week, I had a really hard time with her, so I talked to President Toombs (so no need to email him mom), and he said I was just like you when I was a missionary. He said you will open your mouth sooner or later, but you have to be patient. I have realized that I am not patient with myself. Yes, she is very impatient with me also, but I have to remember why the Lord put me with her. I do have a really hard time recognizing that spirit when we practice in the morning because she is very intimidating. Yes she is a hard trainer who has no patience, and critisizes me everyday, I have to remember why the Lord put me with her. I remember this scripture everyday: "Trust in the lord with all thine heart, and lean not unto thine own understanding. In all thy ways acknowledge hime, and he shall direct thy paths." Proverbs 3:5-6. I cannot rely on myself. I have to trust in him wherever I need to go. and if that means being with a bad comp, then so be it. the Lord has put me there for a reason.
I love you all!!!
Sister Rook



                      
Looks yummy!

  Lookin good Paige!

No comments:

Post a Comment