Monday, February 17, 2014

February 17, 2015

Hello Everyone!
 
This week has been suuuuuper awesome!!
But first lets talk about home :)
 
Mom, I got my package, thank you for that :) Also I got the card from my package. it was supposed to go to gavin. haha :)
I actually don't remember brandie. who is she??
Go for the job! It sounds like its awesome and if they like you then go for it!
haha. Garrett's funny. He's just twitterpated 
That is super crazy about the missionaries. The mission president said one time to us that there will be 2 sets of missionaries in every single ward. and he is going to try NOT to put 3 sets in one ward. crazy!!!
 
Dad, That is so sad about Nancy. After all she went through, she doesn't need her husband after she had for so long cheat on her. That is the most horrible thing to do. and incredibly selfish. ugh! I don't know what to say right now. Just give Nancy a hug for me and also Renden. I wish that family the best of luck and its going to be a long trial for them 
 
Garrett, Enduuuure!!! keep yourself busy!! Its coming soooooooon!!!
 
So this week has been super awesome!
We had a big zone conference this week and I loooove those! because it just gets you excited about the work again. But president toombs role played about how to become better teachers. Don't just breeze through the first lesson. actually take time to let them know of who God is. Because people have their own silly ideas about their perception of God. That training really helped my teaching skills. :)
We found 6 new investigators this week. Some were referals and most was trackting. But the really cool thing is we found a family. The husband is from Ghana and the wife is american. and they have a daughter that is 14 years old. When we trackted into them, John (the husband) opened the door, and was happy to see us, because he has a sister that converted to the gospel a couple of years ago! wow! so we taught them the first lesson and they were totally receptive, and the spirit was so strong! By the time we were ready to leave, they wanted us to come to church, AND they invited us to dinner. super amazing! 
We also found this lady on the sidewalk. She is from Israel, decided that she didn't like her muslim religion anymore becuase the Imam (ee-mom) (like a pastor for the muslim religion) took her husbands side in a divorce when he was abusive. So she was open to the book of mormon as well. 
ALSO, we found this couple who was reffered to us from a convert in the ward. The girl was really receptive but I don't know about the boyfriend. He didn't seem too interested.
We are also teaching two 11 year old kids who'se parents are Less Actives. I find it really hard to teach the kids. I don't know why....
So we went to a less actives house last night and she opened the door in tears and said it wasn't a good time. She found out that her husband has been cheating on her.  We asked her if she needed someone to talk to, and she said no its okay. But she talked anyway about everything. We talked for an hour, and we said a prayer with her. And what was interesting is she said that we just barely missed her husband leave. We would have gone up to her place earlier, but we were interrupted by a couple of phone calls. I think if we ignored those phone calls and just gone up there, then who knows what would have happened. How interesting. The Lord really knows what he's doing :)
 
I love you all!!!
 
Sister Rook    

No comments:

Post a Comment