Monday, November 3, 2014

November 3, 2014





Hello!!

Mom, that box was from the first ward? So amazing! I loved it! 
Keep going on school! you can do it! 
that's so sad about Bryan Maughan. They were awesome people. But they will definitely see each other again. 
yup. Transfers are coming up on  November 24th. Super fast! 

Dad, fall is here! there is no snow yet, but it is a little chilly today. It was really nice yesterday. 
I would not take that big van if my life depended on it. haha. But if its the only car for me then ok. :)
Also can you ask grandma for family history stories and have her email me? Because we are having Zone Meeting in a couple of weeks and they are asking for family history stories. I NEED FAMILY HISTORY STORIES! (please?)

Gavin, you are awesome with being a zone leader. Satan gets in our heads and he brings us down. But Heavenly Father would not. He knows you are qualified for the work.

So, as you have probably read my heading for my email, I really do hate bikes. When we got them from the member, I rode it up and down the street, and I already popped the tire. I ran over 3 GOAT HEADS! Those obnoxious weeds that we had in Boise. So we had to go to walmart and get a tire repair kit and it took us 3 hours to change a tire, because we didn't know what the heck we were doing. and we had our member with us and she didn't know either! So, we finally figured it out, and we had to get air in it, but our members didn't have a bike pump. So, we went to the gas station to fill our tire with air (they provide free air), and after we filled it, we then decided to put it on. after about 10 minutes, we thought "well, that was a stupid idea" so this one guy came up to us and started fixing our bike. Miracle! So he fixed it and it was a boys bike, so I looked ridiculous! So we had other members give us a girls bike so the bar isn't super high. I rode it yesterday and it is great for stopping and talking to people. Its not so creepy when you are in a car. We still have our car but its just to save on miles so we can get to all of our areas, and to help with sister Huefner's knee. That is my little bike adventure.
Our ward had our Halloween party on Wednesday, and it was awesome!!! for the missionary challenge, we had the youth bring 15 people!! HOLY COW!!! It was so awesome!!!! their friends loved it and the youth won by far! We had only 1 person come for us, and we had a total of 13 points. the youth ended with 29 points. It was so awesome!!!! The youth are so much more missionary minded then they were before. So needless to say we are cooking breakfast for them on the 22nd of this month. 
On Halloween, it was so much fun! we had to be in by 6 and we just had a little party in the basement of our members home. We watched Mountain of the Lord, and Legacy. I really like Legacy, and I have never seen Mountain of the Lord before. But they are awesome! Look it up! Even though they are REALLY cheesy and bad acting movies, its still fun to watch. 

Anyway, that's it for the week!!!

Love you!! 

Sister Rook

my package! 

my comp drew this on my planner. Its from Nightmare Before Christmas

At the party, sister Huefner and I switched nametags, so we could dress up as each other. she straightened her hair and I curled mine. The nametags confused the bishop a little. haha









No comments:

Post a Comment