Monday, September 8, 2014

September 8, 2014

Hello everyone!
 
Mom, Casey Connery is coming home October 18th?? Holy smokes! Time flies.
Keep going on the school! your doing great!
I didn't know you had another Kidney stone! That's terrible! Just keep praying. :)
I have actually read Jesus the Christ. I finished it about a month ago. It was sooooooooo good! Its really hard to read at first, but it gets easier.
 
Dad, That is awesome that you have these little jobs. The Lord really is watching out for you.
I did see the boat pic. that is so awesome!
I love Moroni 7. It is one of my favorites in the Book of Mormon. (along with many others).
 
Garrett, I am glad you and Hayley are doing well. :)
 
Gavin, what is your mission address?
 
This week has been a great week.
We are teaching a lot of less actives, and the challenge to the youth is going great. They are pretty competitive. There was this one kid that we had dinner with his family, and we shared a message about missionary work. I used the example about Taree and her baptism and how we needed the help of the members in this work. The kid said "well, it takes you a month to convert someone to the gospel, it will take us a lot less." Burn! haha. I love it. This challenge is going to be awesome at the end of this month.
We are also teaching a Less Active who is pretty much an investigator. She knows absolutely nothing about the church. She still thinks she's catholic. She wasn't really converted to the gospel, but she was baptized because she had a friend in the church. We were teaching her the first lesson, and we were talking about the apostasy, and she said so Catholics are not the true church? there is an actual prophet today? She knows nothing! So we are basically teaching her like we would like an investigator, and reconvert her.
We also taught our investigator Esther this week, and she didn't do any of her assignments!!! ugh! so we had to forgo our lesson that we were planning on, and teaching her about the book of Mormon again! ugh. we are seeing her tomorrow, so we will see if she progresses.
Yesterday was a rough day. At church I wasn't feeling too hot, and so afterwords, We went home and I laid down. 3 hours later I woke up. Yup. I took a 3 hour nap. I still didn't feel that great. I met with my ward mission leader that night, to do correlation, and he said it is probably just pure exhaustion. Oh boy. The perks of being a missionary. I am feeling a lot better today though. :)
 
Love you guys!
sister Rook  
 
This picture is our former ward mission leader and his family. (looks like jerry sienfeld a little bit)

No comments:

Post a Comment