Tuesday, September 2, 2014

September 2, 2014

Hello
 
Dad, I am truly sorry about the job. I will be praying extra hard for you guys :( Don't worry about care packages.
 
Mom, keep on with school! you are doing awesome!
 
Gavin,  year out! woo! 
There was this elder that I was talking to at one point in my mission, and he was getting ready to go home. he said "two years. whoa." That is seriously what it feels like. time goes buy so fast. Realizing that I have 3 transfers left just feels not right. haha. I haven't been out for over a year. I just got to the field yesterday!
 
 
This week, has been super stressful! (as you can tell from my email title)
It was last week of transfers and it was my last transfer with my companion, and I was super stressed because I didn't know who I was going to be with, plus we were moving houses ON transfer day, so that added with the stress of everything! Plus we didn't really have time to pack anything, so we had to pack on sunday. WAAAAH! and of course my comp doesn't get stressed at all, so sort of had to calm me down sometimes. haha. Oh well. everything worked out, because sister Bertagnole and I are staying together another transfer! woo hoo!! This is my second companion I have had who I have been with for 3 transfers! I am so excited! We did move into our new home which I am super sad we left the Tandbergs, but the Pierce family is also really cool.
 
So, the teaching pool for investigators is really struggling. So we had a district blitz on Saturday (when our whole district tracts in a companionships area to find new investigators), it was kind of a disaster because 2 sets of elders got lost, but they found it , and they were on bike so they could only stay for 20 minutes or less then had to bike back to their area. so really, nothing got done.
 
Funny teaching moment:
So we had planned to teach Brother Betz, and we felt we were supposed to teach the Law of Chastity. My lease favorite subject to teach, especially when it is a single guy in his 40s. So I ask him the question What do you know about the law of chastity? just so I could see where he is at. His eyes grow wide like "what????" haha. But it all worked out in the end. He understood everything. :)
 
also, last sunday, we extended the challenge to the youth of who we can bring more people to church then us. by October 11th  the winning team will get breakfast by the losing team. We asked them if it was something they were up for, and they were super pumped by it. I am so excited about this challenge! There is a lot of youth in this ward and there is going to be a lot of member missionary work going on in this ward.
 
I love you all!!
 
Sister Rook

No comments:

Post a Comment