Monday, September 29, 2014

September 29, 2014



Hello!

This week was an awesome week!

Mom, Casey comes home next week????? holy cow! Time really does go by sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo fast! Hug her for me when you see her!
congrats on school!! that is so awesome that you almost have an A!
So, just be thankful that the lady is smoking cigarettes and not Marijuana. Big problem in Colorado.
Yes, I did see the Women's conference. It was awesome! Elder Uchtdorf spoke and it was awesome!

Dad, CONGRATS ON GETTING A JOB!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
That is sooooo awesome! So happy for you!

Garrett, your moving to Boise? That's awesome! no snow!!!

Gavin, You got to see elder Corbridge?????? I love him! He's sooooo awesome. He came up when I first came out. He talked for 3 hours on the most important thing (MIT). He is the bomb.
Congrats on being a zone leader! wooooooo! You get the jeep now. where did you get transferred to?

So, this week was an awesome week!
We taught two investigators this week. One was when I was on exchanges. I really never met her before, because my comp always see's her when we go on splits with the members or when I'm on exchanges with the STL's. haha. oh well. hopefully I will meet her this Saturday. haha.
A really cool experience happened when we were teaching a less active, and she started asking questions about the temple. So our whole lesson was on the temple. SO we asked "how can we help you get to the temple?" She said "well, I probably have to start coming to church first." Heck yes you do! So that is motivating her a little bit more to get to the temple
Todd Betz is also coming along. He has come to church for a while now, but now we have to get him to come to church for all 3 hours! we are talking to him about the priesthood on Thursday so we will see how that goes. so excited!
Saturday was a pretty awesome day. and that never happens because its Saturday. haha. But we decided to do a sisters tract. The sisters in our district tracted in our area to find new investigators. Me and sister Johnson (my former comp. it was awesome) tracted in the town of Wattenberg. A tiny little town that contains 4 streets and about 50 people. If you don't know exactly where it is, then you can miss it in like two seconds. But there was this guy that we tracted into and he is hilarious! We ended up taking a pear off of his tree and he also sent us with a tomato. haha! He's so awesome.
That is pretty much it for the week. I love you all!!!

Sister Rook

So, we volunteer at this place called Kidz Quiltz. Its this place that makes quilts and sends them all over the world. So it has been really slow the past few weeks and I started my own project. Its a baby blanket! Its super cute. I'm really not thinking about babies, but its the fact that I made my first quilt. (we volunteer there about two hours a week. promise I am not wasting my time )

No comments:

Post a Comment