Monday, August 19, 2013

Weekly Letter August 19, 2013

                           Looks like a greasy lunch!  Five Guys
                                   New Companion   Sister Hunt
                                       Elder Flemming


Hello!!
Thank you for the letters! love them!
Garrett! you sound soooo happy with Hayley!! I love the pictures that you sent! that is sooooooo crazy that you leave for school tomorrow! oh my gosh! time flies!
Gavin!!! Holy Cow!! 10 days!!! that is so amazing!! you are going to have a blast!! and I am so glad you are going to arizona instead of me becuase if a scorpian crawled into my pillow at night, I would die. I would be like "President....... send me home" haha. just kidding, you will be able to handle it better then I. :)
Mom, take it easy. Don't be too busy because of your heart. You need to relax a little bit, I know that you are stressed out becuase of Garrett and Gav leaving, but don't stress too much :)
Dad, I am glad you are back home safely. thank you for that little analogy/story you sent. it was really good!
so this week, has been a super interesting week! Not much to write.
For service projects we volunteer at the thrift store, and the food bank. One of the picture that I sent you is of the whole district of sisters going out to lunch at 5 guys burgers. soooooooo good!!! oh my gosh!
The other picture is of me and Elder Flemming who is mega awesome.
and the other picture of who I am doing the REALLY weird peace sign with is my new companion Sister Hunt! She is mega awesome and is super outgoing. I actually used to be with her when I went on exchanges once a week. pretty cool!
Yes, I was transferred, but really not that far. I went from the Hidden Lake ward to the Savory Ponds ward. I just went out of my district. I am still in the city of Westminster. :)
So I have to be frank. Sister Kim and I haven't been getting along the WHOLE transfer. I didn't tell you this because I didn't want to worry you. But you can learn from this (especially you gavin)
The last week, we have been arguing and arguing. I really tried to fix the relationship between me and her, and she wasn't willing to try, so finally on Saturday, I had had enough. I was finally honest with her about what she was doing, and we had a HUGE argument, that pretty much turned into a yelling match almost. I apologized to her all over the place and she was still furious with me. I did my part, and I was wanting to talk to her again, but something told me not too. So finally Sunday afternoon, she wanted to talk to me again. She apologized to me all over the place. We talked for a half an hour. and ended up crying because it was the day before transfer day, and we just hugged it out, which is amazing because she NEVER hugs! We are still in the same zone, so I will see her again soon :)
But I am so glad the Lord put me with her because I have learned so much from her! She had told me that I taught her forgiveness. I am quick to forgive which is virtue. She is so amazing! I already miss her and I saw her this morning! The lesson that I learned from her is always be honest with your companion no matter how hard it is because you will have unity and the spirit will reside.
I love you all! (hopefully a longer letter next week)
Sister Rook <3 

No comments:

Post a Comment