Hello everyone!
This week was a little bit slow, but it was really good.
Mom, I know, I was also flashed. haha.
turns out the mom didn't want us coming and teaching them, so we never went back. super sad. Somewhere down the road, they will know the gospel.
Casey Connery has 7 weeks?????????? Holy cow! I thought she just barely left! amazing how time flies. By the way. I agree with Gavin about the sharing the gospel at work.
Dad, Lucy had a seizure?????? thats so sad!!!! 
Its a good thing she's okay
Garrett! You're so awesome! Love you!
Gavin, Congrats on training again! Don't worry. You will do great. I know this is a week late, but oh well.
This week was a great week!
We had zone conference with the new president and it was sooooooo good! It was held down in Aurora (my favorite place), and it was about a 40 minute drive. It started at 9, and was supposed to last until 4:30, but it ended lasting until after 5. 
we were soooooo tired! But president Mendenhall is sooooo hilarious! When sister Mendenhall was giving her training, sister Mendenhall all of a sudden says "why are you sitting down there?" President had gotten off the stand and sat in the pews in the front row. He shrugs his shoulders and she says "are you eating oreos??" He then gets up showing everyone of his oreo, and walks up to the stand to sit down. His wife says "you didn't get me one?" I loooooooooove them!
This week we taught two investigators, and it went awesome!
Derie is somewhat progressing, but she still has trouble with getting baptised by the proper authority. We explained to her on tuesday about priesthood and the proper authority. It finally clicked in her head. So she is still praying about it. AND she is going out of town for 2 weeks. Soooo, it will be interesting to see what she says when she gets back.
We also taught Rachel! we taught her part of the plan of salvation, and she says "that makes sense!" We also brought a member with us who introduced her to the singles ward. (which is what we were hoping to accomplish) so we are transitioning her to the singles ward on Saturday. I'd hate to lose her, but I think she would do well in it.
So I had a mind blowing story that was told to me yesterday:
So, we were visiting our less active sister Nagy, and we started talking about people that we teach. (sister Jurgens, Brother Betz,) she said "wait, who?? brother betz?" we said yes. She said "Todd Betz?" and we said ....... yes! it turns out sister Nagy knows Brother Betz' mom REALLY well! she worked with her for like 17 years and knows Todd really well! Mind blown!!! 
we both thought to ourselves after we left, that they could really help each other come back to the gospel. Soooooo amazing! The Lord really is a master planner.
That is pretty much it for the week!
I love you all!
Sister Rook
Feild of sunflowers. or as Sting calls it Feild of Gold (I think thats the song)
Me in front of them
DAVES BREAD! I finally found it!!! 5 bucks a loaf.... Totally worth it
No comments:
Post a Comment